Friday 22 November 2013

Research And Planning - Stephen King's It



As the trailer we are doing is based around a clown, I felt it was appropriate to watch some scenes from the well known horror film It. I have noticed that a lot of long shots and close up shots are used, as to establish when the character of Pennywise is approaching. This was very engaging as it was more 'scary' to see the clown at an eye line view, or to be able to take in his entire appearance. When Beth and I make our trailer, I will suggest that we use shots like this, as really worked well for the genre and so I believe it is a good starting point. In these scenes everything begins quite 'light-hearted' as to show the stereotype of the 'childrens friend' type of clown, and then suddenly this changes with a jump. This is more shockign and is therefore more fit for purpose, and is something I will try to add into our trailer as to keep the trailer engaging. Watching these scenes has given me a variety of ideas to use within our trailer to ensure it is of high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment