Monday 19 August 2013

Research And Planning - Insidious: Chapter 2 Trailer


I just came across a trailer for an upcoming horror film Insidious: Chapter 2. The trailer is relevant to my research as it is something similar to that what I wish to create- being a modern day horror film trailer, which is both professional looking and engaging. The trailer begins with nice, light hearted music which makes everything seem 'okay.' However, as the music cuts, 'scary' things begin to happen. The trailer has several loud noises when you do not expect them to make you jump- everything goes very silent and then you are caught off guard. This trailer then goes on to use creepier music and whispers, and these both create a much more sinister feel. For my trailer I will consider this, and try out using a variety of sounds and different kinds of music in order to create something that is engaging, unique, and scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment