Monday 19 August 2013

Research And Planning - The Conjuring



I recently went to see a new horror film called The Conjuring. The film was set around the 'true story' of a family moving into a farm house, and being haunted by a variety of spirits. The film used mostly low key lighting and most of the 'activity' happened during the night time. However sometimes, high key lighting was used, and the set up of the scene would seem very normal, and this therefore made the audience more shocked when something occurred. This is something I could consider bringing into my trailer, if I choose horror, as if I include a 'settled' feeling and then add something to make the audience jump, such as a loud bang, my trailer will be more appealing and will have more of a professional feel to it due to it having similarities with big budget up to date horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment